Friday, March 16, 2007

Robins!! Could it be?


Yesterday I saw TWO robins!! Could this really be the sign that the wonder of Spring is almost upon us? I hope they don't die in the next freeze. Today was a typical winter day, the temperature not reaching much higher than the low thirties. Poor birdies... I hope they make it. All the little puddles of previously melting snow are once again ice patches on the playground. But I'm going to make a guess that they will not be frozen for long.....not too long anyway.

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

My kids saw a robin on Wednesday. I have not seen one yet but I'm sure I just heard some outside.

I remember in previous years seeing the robins and then there was a blanket of snow over everything.

But we all know the story of how God provides for the birds :)

Anonymous said...

I saw an Ibis trying deperatly to roost in a magnolia tree this morning. But oh how I miss the first robin of spring. C'est la vie!

Mimi said...

Ooooh how exciting!

Rosemary said...

The first robins are exciting, aren't they.

Barb Szyszkiewicz said...

The robins are here too, in full force for about 5 days now! I love hearing all the different birds in the early mornings.