Sunday, March 11, 2007

Marriage Meme

Jean Marie (the Meme Queen:) from Catholic Fire has tagged me for this marriage meme. So here goes...


1. Where/How did you meet? We met a the wedding of a friend of mine. My husband came with his sister, as her guest. My friend and my now sister-in-law wanted us to meet. Since I was my friend's maid-of-honor and my husband was taking pictures he actually has a picture of the first time he ever saw me. It was through a camera lens.

2. How long have you known each other? 27 years

3. How long after you met did you start dating? maybe a week

4. How long did you date before you were engaged? six months

5. How long was your engagement? 6 months

.6. How long have you been married? 26 years

7. What is your anniversary? It's in July

8. How many people came to your wedding reception? probably 125 or so

9. What kind of cake did you serve? It was carrot cake with a white frosting with roses

10. Where was your wedding? Shrine of the Little Flower in Royal Oak, Michigan

11. What did you serve for your meal? I think it was chicken crepes.

12. How many people were in your bridal party? 6

13. Are you still friends with them all? Still in touch. Not real close with all of them.

14. Did your spouse cry during the ceremony? I don't think so.

15. Most special moment of your wedding day? Walking down the aisle at the end.

16. Any funny moments? There was a moment when my brother got giggly and my mother gave him a look that made him realize his life was in danger...We both laughed quite a bit about that afterwards.

17. Any big disasters? The organ didn't work for the entrance! I walked down the aisle in silence. It was kind of peaceful, really.

18. Where did you go on your honeymoon? Cozumel, Mexico

19. How long were you gone? I think it was just a week.

20. If you were to do your wedding over, what would you change? Not sure.

21. What side of the bed do you sleep on? right side, closest to the bathroom :)

22. What size is your bed? queen

23Greatest strength as a couple? We have similar values, the same faith, same expectations as to how children should behave, etc.

24. Greatest challenge as a couple? We are polar opposites in communication style.

25. Who literally pays the bills? Usually my husband, but sometimes I do.

26. What is your song? I don't think we have one.

27. What did you dance your first dance to? I don't remember?

28. Describe your wedding dress? It was simple, white, floor length, lace neckline, high waist, gathered 3/4 sleeves.

29. What kind of flowers did you have at your wedding? white roses

30. Are your wedding bands engraved? I think they were but they're worn off now.

Anyone feel like doing this meme? I tag:

Florida Wife, Ruthann (come on, Ruthann, here's a post :) Actually, only if you feel like it Ruthann-- this one is kind of personal....), Suzanne , Mimi , Mary Poppins Not.

Tagged Friends: Only do this if you feel like it. No pressure.

9 comments:

ukok said...

This was so enjoyable to read. Thanks be to God for your happy and holy marriage!

Unknown said...

awwww... how beautiful. :)

I was baptised at Shrine of the little Flower. :) Were you involved in the community there?

Jean Heimann said...

Thanks for doing this, Rosemary. I enjoyed reading it. White roses - how beautiful!

God bless you,
Jean

Anonymous said...

Surprise surprise! I actually took you up on this and answered the meme (and made my first blog post in two years!). Click on my name above to read my answers.

Ruthann

Rosemary said...

Deb, thank you.
Jodi, I was not but my mom was and she knew your mom.:)
Jean, thank you.

Ruthann, congratulations. Can't wait to read it. Thank you.

Mimi said...

What a small world, how awesome is that?

Anyway, great to get to know you better. Our anniversary is coming up, I will do this!

Angie @ Many Little Blessings said...

That was so fun to read! :)

FloridaWife said...

The organ was broken?!?!?!?! Oh my. I think it would have rattled me at first, but like you say, it was peaceful to walk up in silence.

Thanks for tagging me. It might take me a few days to put up my answers.

FloridaWife said...

Rosemary, I did the meme. It was fun. Thanks for the tag!