Saturday, March 17, 2007

The Holy Face

My niece Monique gave me a framed picture of this image of Jesus. It's actually an image taken from the information on the Shroud of Turin. Monique's gift changes back and forth, as you tilt the picture, from the Turin image to the artist's depiction of what the man whose image is on the shroud would look like.

I love this picture of Jesus. I have it leaned against my wall instead of nailed to it, because I want to be able to change the angle to see the negative of the crucified Christ and then back again.

Mary Poppins Not has asked where do we go to be restored when we're feeling depleted? In addition to receiving Him whenever possible in the flesh, I go to my room and gaze upon this face. I talk to my Lord about what's on my heart (like He doesn't already know!) and I try to listen to what He wants to say to me.....

10 comments:

EC Gefroh said...

The eyes really are piercing. Very lovely picture Rosemary.

Rosemary said...

Aren't they lovely, Esther? It moves me to think this may indeed be what Our Lord looks like...

Suzanne said...

I had heard that the picture that they came up with was done using a 3-D image...at any rate, I have a book with this info and I find it amazing how close to the Sacred Heart of Jesus pictures that we have long held close to over the years, don't you? I love this.
God is so good!

Rosemary said...

It does really resemble them, doesn't it, Suzanne. This one just seems even more focused, more real to me. I love it.

FloridaWife said...

That's a nice picture.

Thank you for writing to me on my blog about your Aunt June. Sometimes, I just get down and I really appreciate your uplifting comments. God bless.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for posting this picture. It is so mesmerizing, I could just stare at the eyes all day. Do you have any info on where I could get this picture? God bless. Judy M.

Rosemary said...

Judy, there is a label on the back of my picture that says: Holy Shroud Christian Center, 2879 Ferndale, Saginaw, MI 48063 Phone nmber: (989) 792-1265

Hope that helps..

Kitchen Madonna said...

I go to the Adoration Chapel which is just a few blocks away when I am depleted. What a healing place!

Rosemary said...

Amen, KM, I just came from there. Ours is about a ten minute drive, though. A few blocks away? How wonderful!

Kristen Laurence said...

I have seen this image before. Beautiful.