Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Ballroom Dancing-- Are they having fun or what?



This is my son and his partner on the Notre Dame Ballroom Dance Team. Are they having fun or what? He just loves it and so does she.
Kitchen Madonna has written a really interesting post on ballroom dancing and the theology of the body. It helped me to understand my son's idea that ballroom dancing is a kind of metaphor for an ideal marriage.
These pictures were taken at a competition. Boy, watching all those great dancers sure made this poor old tired body feel like dancing!!
Since I have tried repeatedly and unsuccessfully to get the above link to go to Kitchen
Madonna's blog let me just add that her address is: www.kitchenmadonna.blogspot.com .
OK?

9 comments:

FloridaWife said...

Dancing can be so wonderful and graceful to look at.

Your son looks like a really nice young man, by the way.

Overwhelmed! said...

Wow, how graceful they look!

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a nice comment on my "Hospice Care" post. Your prayers for Hetty are much appreciated! She's being allowed to go home tomorrow. Hospice is providing her with a hospital bed (she can no longer walk) and some in-home healthcare support. The hospice staff are indeed angels!

ukok said...

I agree with Floridawife, what a lovely young man your son looks! Not that I would have expected any different since he's your boy :-)

Anonymous said...

Your son is, indeed, handsome! I'm hoping that my Teddy will do ballroom or swing dancing wherever he decides to go to college. I know all of his prospects so far offer both as club activities. What a terrific way to socialize (and keep in shape!).

Ruthann

Kitchen Madonna said...

Handsome son and lovely couple! Thanks for the link Rosemary!

EC Gefroh said...

What a handsome young man your son is! Lovely smile.

Suzanne said...

This is beautiful! Isn't it wonderful to see young people interested in REAL dance now?
Its all over and its also about
having good fun..taking the mind
off of none essential things that
end up destroying young lives.
What a good good thing!

Kristen Laurence said...

What a gorgeous couple! My husband and I took ballroom dance lessons for a while, where we learned that good dancing takes a certain natural ability! :(

Anonymous said...

I wish my legs looked as good as hers!