Thursday, March 22, 2007




Alone in God my soul waits, silent. My help is from Him.
Alone in God rest, my soul, in silence. My hope is from Him. He alone is my rock, my safety;I shall not be shaken.
(PS 62, V2,6)
I'm leaving today for a three day silent retreat at a Benedictine Monastery. (pictured above)
My daughter will come too. I can't wait. Silence, sweet silence. They have a library but I don't know if they have the internet. If they do, I may write a post. If not, I'll tell you Monday how it was. Have a blessed weekend, everybody.

5 comments:

EC Gefroh said...

Have a wonderful retreat Rosemary. I am interesting in knowing what a silent retreat is like because I am considering attending one here.

Mimi said...

What a blessing! Enjoy the retreat, and the Feast Day Mass on Sunday.

Suzanne said...

The retreat that I actually went on this past weekend, had some silent periods early on, however, most of it was far from silent.
I think both are very important.
I need to go on a silent retreat
in the future. One thing, however,
is I am taking early morning "silent periods" that I never did before. I have learned that the way of my day and the way I act and react has changed since disciplining myself to do this.
I hope you had a wonderful retreat...I did. We both need to share and perhaps readers who have not been on retreats at all will do so..will give their weekend to Christ and away from the world as much as we can. God bless!

Rosemary said...

Thank you, Mimi.
Esther, I will post about it. It is wonderful.
Suzanne, while on my retreat I prayed for your retreat too. I'm glad it went well.

Suzanne said...

OH! Thankyou, btw, Rosemary!
IT DID GO WELL! :)