Thursday, February 08, 2007

The Magic Fingers


My son John has taken piano lessons for the past 13 years. At the age of three he started begging to take lessons. He started at four since even Suzuki teachers don't start kids on piano before four. His ability, his progress, his talent has just been remarkable since that time.

Tomorrow he will audition at the U of M school of music for admission to the piano performance program. Please pray that he will be able to play his very best, that God will be glorified and that, if it is His will, John will be admitted. If he graduates from U of M he will be the fourth generation in my family to do so. It was a dream of my father's that one of his grandchildren would graduate from his alma mater. And John has been a wolverine fan almost as long as he has played piano. Michigan has a very competitive music school. John is very talented but so are all the applicants to this school.

I wish I knew how to download music onto my blog so you could hear him. He lives and breathes the piano. May the Lord's will be accomplished tomorrow.

11 comments:

Jean Heimann said...

John will certainly be in my prayers, Rosemary.

What a blessing to have such a gifted pianist in the family!

Jean :)

Denise said...

Definitely in my prayers too!I will be at adoration this evening and will offer a special prayer for him there.

Barb Szyszkiewicz said...

What a wonderful gift! I will pray that his audition goes well.

Suzanne said...

He'll do fine! God wants to show him off! ;) Indiana University School of Music, here, is sumpin else too! God bless! I LOVE pianists! My daughter, Teresa, could have gone further if I had started her sooner...she plays beautifully too, but didn't get enough competitions either. I was disappointed at that...some teachers aren't good about doing things like that and she is a bit shy, even though once she gets going, she doesn't even know anyone is around ! Funny, huh?
I hope she continues her lessons soon as she is in the midst of so many other studies, that she quit..I think it was a big mistake and have told her so. Anyway, all for the Glory of God! Amen! Suzanne

Mimi said...

He is in my prayers! How exciting for him.

Rosemary said...

Thank you so much for all your prayers. He said it "went pretty well." But I found out they only accept about TEN students!!! May the Lord's will be done.

EC Gefroh said...

Rosemary, I am a little late posting but I did see the preview in Bloglines so your son was in my prayers.

Rosemary said...

Thank you, Esther.

FloridaWife said...

Hey, I read your other post (after this one) where you say it went okay. I hope it went REALLY WELL!!!! I hope he gets admitted.

On another note, being in South Florida, until you said "Michigan" I thought you were talking about the University of Miami. HAHAHAHA

Anonymous said...

I'm very late posting (I haven't been reading blogs of late), but I wanted to jump in and state that John's piano talent is truly God-given -- inspired and inspiring. He is amazing. I have had the honor of hearing him play many times.

He's in my prayers today -- I'll say a special prayer in front of the tabernacle after Mass.

Ruthann

Rosemary said...

floridawife and Ruthann, thank you so much for your prayers. fw, yeah, I guess M can stand for a lot of places. LOL