Thursday, February 15, 2007

Lizzie on the cello

I forgot to mention that Lizzie did a very nice job at her cello recital. She's only been taking cello lessons since this past April and she is progressing nicely. (This is not her cello pictured. I just thought it was a cool looking picture. I had to tell Liz I don't recommend that she keep her cello leaning against a tree.:)

For years Liz, who is ten, has been asking for cello lessons. All the other kids have studied a musical instrument. I just couldn't imagine adding another weekly event to the calendar and still staying sane. Finally, I thought, I just have to do it. I don't want to find out when she's 14 that I never got around to it. So we started Suzuki cello lessons and it's been great. I'm still sane and she loves it. It was a good decision.

4 comments:

Mimi said...

Whohoooo! Congratulations!

EC Gefroh said...

Do you play an instrument Rosemary? It sounds like you have some pretty talented children there.

Beth said...

That is great. I think music lessons are great for kids. I'm happy my mom and dad made me stick with piano for a few years, because I learned the basics and now can play several other instruments (for fun, not all that well ;-)

Rosemary said...

Thank you, Mimi.
Esther, I took piano lessons for 8 years when I was young and really loved it. I do not have nearly the ability of some of my children, though. Two of my grandparents were professional musicians and two of my husband's grandparents were accomplished musicians, so I guess it is in their genes. (Although my genreation appears to have been skipped:)

Beth, I agree :)