Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Tomorrow is my father's birthday.

Tomorrow is my father's birthday and I plan to go visit his crypt with flowers and say the rosary. I will also go to his house and take care of some things. I expect it to be bittersweet. I am already feeling the power of the emotions.

A friend of mine had a Mass said for the repose of my father's soul today. Four of my children and I attended the Mass. My friend did not know that tomorrow is my father's birthday. It must have been the Holy Spirit.

Life is short.

5 comments:

Reenie said...

i'm praying for you today Rose. May it be a day that you celebrate your dad and remember the great gift he was, in the midst of the sadness of missing him.

Denise said...

My prayers are with you today. My you find comfort in your memories. Your faith will give you strength.--Denise

Michelle said...

Today (the 18th) is my mother's birthday and my father-in-law's birthday. I hope your day is peace filled.

Mimi said...

Prayers to you for Peace and Comfort. May your Father's Memory be Eternal.

Rosemary said...

Thank you all for your prayers. I had sweetly sorrowful but peaceful day.