Friday, December 29, 2006

Monique, thirteen year old par excellent

My niece Monique is here for a few days. She knew we were tidying the house for some more guests. As I mentioned that we needed to clear off a certain table that had many Christmas gifts, etc. on it, Monique pointed out that we really needed more room in the family room closet. She then said, "Do you want me to clean it out for you?" Did I mention that she's thirteen? I said, "Sure!"

She then proceeded to take everything out of the closet, dusted every item, threw out incomplete puzzles, washed all the shelves, tidied the games..... It was amazing. She's thirteen!!! Is this your typical thirteen year old? I think not!!

What a gift this was to me. The closet looks fabulous and there's so much more room now. Did I mention that she's thirteen?? LOL

May God bless Monique in every way. She's a lovely young woman who is kind as well as gifted. I'm very proud to be her aunt.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rose, if I give you my address can you let me borrow Monique for a while? I can be a nice auntie, too, and I have LOTS of messes for her to tidy!

By the way, Happy New Year (a little early). May you be richly blessed in 2007.

Ruthann

Rosemary said...

Happy New Year to you too, Ruthann. (Monique does not live here...smile)

Anonymous said...

What a sweet gal. I'm sure it made her feel helpful, too, and a part of everything. Plus, she has a nice aunt :-)

Many blessings on your new year! Keep writing.

Unknown said...

Rose,

Reading this entry reminds me so much of my girls, who were so helpful...mostly at other people's houses, but even at home sometimes. I bet Monique really wanted to love you and to be rewarded with that special mother/aunt love that you have to share with her. What a gift you are to each other.

Rosemary said...

Kris and Patti, thank you.