Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Ears Pierced

Today Mary had her ears pierced. I think it was harder on me than on her. I thought it would sound like a crisper, shorter pop gun kind of sound.

Instead it was more like a hole puncher-- kind of krrcch sound-- like when you've bitten the inside of your lip really hard. The awful sound of flesh being penetrated. I'm making it sound very gruesome. It was actually very quick and she said it hardly hurt at all.

She's wanted to do this for a while and most of the girls in her class already have pierced ears-- not that that means it's a good idea, as I've pointed out to her. I guess I ran out of reasons to say no. She will be limited to small post earrings for some time. They do look cute.

Hope everyone is recovering from the Christmas rush. I'm enjoying time with my family.

3 comments:

Amy said...

My almost 10 year old asked Santa for just that thing this year. Day before yesterday we went down to the mall and had it done. I was going to post about it... maybe I still will, lol. It was an experience all right!!

Rosemary said...

Amy Caroline, are yours pierced?

Anonymous said...

My mom made me wait until I was 12 too. So you are in good company Rosemary!

On the other hand my DH's grand-daughter had hers done when she was about 6 months old - a cultural thing as her mom is from South America. Actually it looks really cute!