Friday, November 10, 2006

A Quiet Day

Today is quiet. Lizzie has a sore throat and a slight fever. I'm not feeling so well myself so we are both home taking it easy. I drove kids to two schools and came home and went back to bed. It's actually been very peaceful, in spite of my headache. I haven't even listened to talk radio because I thought more discussion of the election results might draw my spirits downward. I just don't want to hear about Nancy Pelosi right now. It's too disheartening, to say the least.

So for the first time in 13 days I won't be at the hospital visiting my dad. I spoke with his ICU nurse and he's about the same. He's alert, involved in decisions about his care, and cooperative. Because of this, a number of nurses, doctors, etc. are saying there is reason to hope he may recover, pending of course on the actual diagnosis which we don't yet have.

They all agree that his case is unusual. He looks like he should be able to breathe on his own and they don't know what condition is preventing him from doing so. He does have a number of heart problems that may be contributing, but they do not alone seem to provide a sufficient explanation. His cardiologist of 22 years thinks he will recover.

Thank you for all your prayers. May God give the doctors wisdom and right understanding.

6 comments:

ukok said...

Hoping you'll soon be feeling better, I'm a bit under the weather myself but we mum's just have to keep plodding on don't we!

Continuing to pray for your Dad.

Mimi said...

I hope you and your daughter feel better. I think it's best to not go to the hospital ill or to push yourself.

Continued prayers.

Rosemary said...

ukok, thank you. Yes, mums just have to keep going. But I was fortunate to be able to dial down a little today.

Thank you for your prayers for my dad.

Thank you, Mimi for the continued prayers. Yes, I certainly don't want to introduce any new germs to my father. And I was trying to stay in high gear for too long. Even my father had spelled out on his alphabet board, "d-o-n-t-- o-v-e-r-d-o." smile. I said, "OK," and then proceeded to do just that.
Sometimes I wonder when I am going to learn. LOL

EC Gefroh said...

Rosemary, please take care of yourself. Hope you and your daughter feel better soon. I will be praying for your dad at Adoration.
God bless,

FloridaWife said...

I just came across your blog and read about you father. I've paused to pray for him. Peace be with you and your family.

Rosemary said...

Thank you, Esther and Florida wife!!