Friday, November 24, 2006

Happy Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving!!

I have much to be thankful for and would write about those things if I weren't so physically and emotionally exhausted.

My dad has been moved to a step-down intensive care unit. His condition is really about the same. His spirits are really low, though. He seems, understandably, to be getting depressed.

I made Thanksgiving dinner at my dad's house so we could be closer to the hospital. It sadly occurred to me that this may be the last Thanksgiving we ever celebrate in that house. There was comfort, though, in the feeling of my mother's presence which is always so strong there. I am sure she is busy interceding constantly for my dad and our family as my dad's life hangs in the balance.

There is talk of transferring my father to the University of Michigan medical center since he has pretty much exhausted the resources for getting a firm diagnosis at the hospital he is at. Please pray for wisdom and clarity for all of us-- my dad, the doctors, and our family.

God bless you all. I pray you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving. (You Americans, that is) Thanks be to God for his mercy endures forever!

4 comments:

EC Gefroh said...

Happy and blessed Thanksgiving Rosemary.

Anonymous said...

God bless you all. Your dear Dad has my prayers.

Kitchen Madonna said...

Prayers for you and your family and your dad.
JMJ,
Kitchen madonna

Rosemary said...

Thank you so much for your prayers and your concern!