Monday, November 06, 2006

Day 8 on the ventilator

Just got back from the hospital. They tested my father's breathing again and let him breathe for a little while with the vent turned off (but tube still in). His parameters were not as good as Saturday so they didn't want to risk it. I guess each reinsertion is a risk to to the tissues of the throat and esophagus.

The good news is the doctors are finally looking more seriously at neurological and muscle disorders as a cause. They're doing more testing. I just hope the diagnosis is not too late. He's pretty alert a lot of the time and communicating with an alphabet board. He watched the Lions game yesterday and they won!! That was nice since they don't win very often and he asked to watch the game.

Please pray for wisdom for the doctors, peace for my dad, and most of all, for the Lord's most perfect will to be accomplished in this whole confusing situation. St. Joseph, pray for us!!!

4 comments:

Mimi said...

Prayers for Wisdom.

Is St. Joseph your father's patron?

EC Gefroh said...

Praying here to the Holy Spirit.

Rosemary said...

Thank you so much for your prayers.

Mimi, I'm praying to Saint Joseph as the patron of a happy death. That my father would not be taken from this world until and unless his salvation was certain (a happy death).

Mimi said...

I understand. I know that God knows who Rosemary's dad is, but if you'd send me his first name, I'd appreciate it.

There's a prayer in the Orthodox Liturgy that I love "A Christian ending to our lives, painless, blameless, and a good defense before the dread judgement seat of Christ". I will hold your dear Father in my prayers.