Sunday, November 12, 2006

Day 14 on the ventilator

Today is the 14th day and still no diagnosis. There is talk of a tracheostomy to make him more comfortable and to allow for more flexibility in using the vent. With the trach he could be on the vent for part of a day and off for say a few hours at a time. So far, my dad does not want to do it.

My 17 year old was in the play, "The Miracle Worker" this weekend. It was such an inspiring story and they did such a good job. Watching it was a lovely break from the life and death issues that have been dominating my thoughts.

Still haven't had much time for blogging besides a few minutes here and there. I really miss reading everybody's posts daily. But I will be back. God bless you all for your kind and supportive words and, most of all, for your prayers which I know are being answered.

6 comments:

Renee said...

Still praying for your strength, the doctor's wisdaom, and your dad's peace. Many blessings!

Mimi said...

I love The Miracle Worker. And, may miracles be worked in your dad's health.

Lori said...

Prayers for your dad!

((hugs))

Denise said...

May God's peace be with you and your family. You are in my prayers

Anonymous said...

God be close to you at this time!
God bless
Maria in the UK
www.inhishands.co.uk

Rosemary said...

Thank you all so, so much.