Monday, October 30, 2006

Urgent Prayer Request for my father

Well, just as my sister predicted, my father went into the hospital yesterday. My son was home from college for the weekend and we all went up to see Grandpa (except for my oldest daughter who had to work). He seemed so sick, even further debilitated than before, and said he felt like he was losing his sense of balance. We took him to the ER and they admitted him for tests.

This morning they told me on the phone that his condition had changed and he was being admitted to intensive care. He had gone into respiratory failure and they put him on a ventilator. I just got back from the hospital. He is pretty stable in other ways and could respond a little. I'm not feeling very hopeful about his recovery although his doctor thinks he will come through this.

Thank you for all your prayers. Please continue to pray for my dad. May he be fully prepared for the journey home when the Lord chooses to call him. May the Lord lead me to plan where to be when, arranging for the kids, being at the hospital when He wants me there, etc. and may the doctors have wisdom, and may the Lord give my dad all the grace and peace he wants him to have at this crucial time. My Lord and my God, your kingdom come, your will be done... Saint Joseph, please pray for my dad.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Come, Lord Jesus, have YOUR way!

God bless
Maria in the UK
www.inhishands.co.uk

EC Gefroh said...

I'm praying Rosemary.
God bless,

Reenie said...

I'm praying for your dad and for all of you Rose. Let me know if I can do anything! God bless you!
Reenie

Barb Szyszkiewicz said...

Keeping your father and your family in prayers.

Denise said...

I am praying for you, your siblings, and your father. God Bless you all.

Mimi said...

Lord have Mercy, Lord have Mercy, Lord have Mercy.

And, when my mom was sick, my boss gave me the best advice - be careful driving. I know it is so easy to get your mind churning on this difficult issue, but you need to drive with clarity. The last thing you, or your dad, needs is an accident on top of everything else.

Hugs and prayers to you!

Rosemary said...

Thank you all so much. Mimi, good advice.