Sunday, October 15, 2006

Touchdown Jim!!!

I had a wonderful, relaxing, restful, and inspiring retreat. I will be writing more about Father Thomas Dubay and his very practical and helpful advice in pursuing a life of virtue.

But, first, I must write about a very exciting event that happened while I was gone. My son Jim's junior varsity football team has won their Catholic League championship! The team with the best record wins and even though they have one more game, no team will top their record because they are undefeated. They have a wonderful faith-filled coach who requires that they attend Mass together the morning of every game day. They also pray together on one knee in the middle of the field after every game, and they invite the other team to join them. The other team always does and it's a very moving sight to see. So congratulations Irish!!

And guess what happened at the game Saturday night?? (The game I missed because I was on retreat-- sad face) The put Jim in, gave him the ball, and he ran seventy yards to score a touchdown!!! Yes, SEVENTY YARDS!!! According to my husband the team went nuts, jumped all over him, everyone complimented him on the run, people asking who is that kid?...etc. He has not played much for most of the season so this was a huge, personal victory. I'm so proud of all the work he has done, learning to be a good football player (and not only just skilled on the field), persevering, developing self-discipline, being there, etc. I am so very happy for him.

One more game and I will certainly be there. So glad we let him play football. (I still pray before every game that he will not get hurt.) God is good!!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome!! Sorry you missed it, though!

Mimi said...

CONGRATULATIONS! What an accomplishment!

(I was also at a retreat this weekend, it must be the weekend for them.)

ukok said...

Wow, your son's coach sounds an incredible man. Very inspirational :-)

I look forward to reading more about your retreat!

Rosemary said...

Thank you, Carla and everybody. How was your retreat, Mimi? Ukok, he is a great coach. Young guy. I actually worked with his grandmother many years ago on pro-life stuff. He comes from good stock.:)
Mimi, I hope we'll hear about your retreat too.

Renee said...

Congrats from me, too!
I am looking forward to hearing more about your retreat!

Rosemary said...

Thank you MPN. I will be writing more about the awesome retreat I was on. It really had an impact on me. God bless.