Wednesday, October 11, 2006

The phone is finally fixed!!

I actual blog using a dial-up internet connection and for the last 3 weeks or so we've been having trouble with our phone. There has been a lot of static on the line and the computer has been miserably unhappy about it. The speed was about a fourth of the usual slow speed and everyone was frustrated. It was taking the kids a lot longer to do their work and so the computer was free less time. Then when I could get on, it was so slow that I got way behind in reading my favorite blogs. If it seemed I dropped off on my commenting, know that I will be catching up now. Hopefully it's fixed. We had service people out here 6 times!!

It was an opportunity for me to practice patience. Hopefully, I didn't squander it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hopefully the phone line is fixed for you now! We're still on dial-up, too...we don't have many options out here in the country unless one wants to pay a LARGE fee....and I'd rather wait the extra few minutes than spend the extra dollars.

Rosemary said...

It seems to be fixed! Sometimes, though it just works for a few days and then goes back to the static but....so far so good. We're getting close to getting some kind of high speed service. We've been resisting the fee too. Not sure what the best deal is.