Friday, October 27, 2006

More Advice to Myself

Do not, I repeat, do not try to do what is humanly impossible . You will fail and there will be a price to pay.

On a day, or during a week, when emotions or difficulties are weighing heavily on your heart, schedule fewer commitments than usual and strongly resist adding extras.

Concentrate only on what the Lord may want (and remember he is not an unreasonable God.) Do not let perceived reactions or judgments of others distract you. You are here to do God's will, not anybody else's.

Ask for help when you need it but don't take it personally if people seem unwilling. They don't know what's on your heart or how full your plate is. Give the benefit of the doubt. They may be dealing with more than you are. God will provide what you need-- as long as you're not an idiot about it.

When there is a great need for my time in more than one location, I can still only be in one place at the same time. I know that this is laughably obvious, but somehow I still don't seem to get it. Accept the limitations of the physical world and pray for God's wisdom in discerning His priorities for my time.

Yes, now if I would just follow my own advice......

7 comments:

Barb Szyszkiewicz said...

I could stand to listen to advice like this, myself. Thanks :)

ukok said...

Timely advice for me, my friend. Just what I needed to hear :-)

Rosemary said...

Is it an occupational hazard of moms that they always tend to overdo?

Lori said...

Great advice!!

Anonymous said...

Amen sister.. good to find your blog.

Every blessing
Maria in the UK
www.inhishands.co.uk

Colleen said...

You mean, you haven't learned to bilocate yet? ;-)

Mimi said...

Good advice, indeed.