Thursday, October 26, 2006

I love my blogging friends!

I'm tired today and feeling somewhat overwhelmed. I've talked to my brother and sister about my dad. I'm really worried about him. He's declining so fast. I'm glad my sister will be up here in a week. She thinks he will be hospitalized before that. She may be right.

But he is watching the Tigers tonight and seems engaged in the game. Course, so far, they're doing pretty well.

My life has been so enriched by this blog and all of your blogs. I have a whole new circle of wonderful, faith-filled friends. It's so nice to sit down and just touch base with everybody (no baseball pun intended.LOL) Thanks you for all your prayers, hugs, and support.

Go Tigers!

8 comments:

EC Gefroh said...

Rosemary, I will keep you dear dad in my prayers, especially during daily Mass. I know what's it's like to be far from your elderly parents and feel helpless sometimes.

And, I so agree with you on blogging. I have met some really nice people, like you and I owe it all to having a blog and reading other blogs.

Reenie said...

Rose, I'm praying for your dad!! He's such a wonderful man and I know how hard it must be to figure out what the next step is. I'll be praying for you and your siblings as you help him make important decisions in the coming weeks and months!
Blessings to you! Reenie

Barb Szyszkiewicz said...

With continued prayers for your dad, you, and your family.
And one suggestion: get a complete list of all meds and dosages. Maybe something is interacting with something else??

Denise said...

I'll be spending some time in Adoration this morning. I will take prayers for you, your siblings, and your father. God Bless you.

Anonymous said...

Rose, your father, you, and your family are in my prayers.

Mimi said...

Continued prayers, my friend!

ukok said...

Continuing to lift you and your Dad up in prayer.

God Bless you both.

Rosemary said...

Thank you all so very, very much.
Yes, Barb, that's on my list of things to do. In looking at his meds I saw he was taking prednizone and couldn't tell me why. Scary. I imagine a doctor thought it might help his muscle weakness. I know you're right about interactions. My sister, in particular, is convinced that may be part of the problem. She really wants him off everything he can possibly go off of. The problem is he has some pretty serious heart problems and some of these drugs may be keeping him alive.

Thanks you so, so much for your prayers and support.