Monday, September 04, 2006

My mother's birthday

Today is my mother's birthday. She would have been 82. She's been gone for two and a half years now, after having suffered from Alzheimer's Disease for a good fifteen years.

My mother was a devout Catholic. She was dedicated to her family and we always knew we could count on her. We always knew she loved us deeply.

She was a prayer warrior, a devoted intercessor. You could count on her focused intercession if you asked for her prayers. I frequently still do, and the results seem to indicate quite clearly that she is indeed in heaven.

My mother loved children and had no patience for those who would complain about them. She was a fierce defender of the unborn.

She cared for others. The world is a better place for her having lived, and I miss her very much.

6 comments:

Renee said...

May her memory be eternal!

Rosemary said...

Thank you, MPN.

Lori said...

It saddened me to read this. She sounds alot like my mother who is 73 and still among us. God is holding her on her birthday.

Michelle said...

May her soul and the souls of all the faithful departed rest in peace.

EC Gefroh said...

Rosemary, may your dear mom's soul rest in peace. She sounds like she was a very special lady.

Mimi said...

May her Memory be Eternal.