Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Elizabeth's birthday and the first photo!



All right!! I think it worked. Thank you, Mary Poppins NOT! and Mimi! I thought that was what I did but maybe I left something out.

Anyway, Daughter Mary is on the left, followed by me, then Jim, my youngest son and last, but not least, Elizabeth who is ten years old today!!

Elizabeth, born two months before I turned 42 is a special blessing in our family. (So is Mary who was born two months after my 40th birthday.) I thought God is so good to have blessed me with two more daughters after turning 40!

Elizabeth is so funny. She has a million dollar smile and we see it a lot. She is feminine but feisty, tough but kind-hearted. Once in a carpool conversation of who was afraid of what, Lizzie shouted, "I'll tell you what I'm afraid of.....nothin'" And I think it's true.

She is a tremendous source of joy to our family. She keeps us laughing with her adorable sense of humor and her creativity.

May God bless her all the days of her life. May all the passion that is in her be directed toward pursuit of the Lord and His will for her life. May she always be His good and faithful servant and may His grace always be upon her. Oh Jesus, may she be filled today and forever with your joy, your peace, and your love. I thank you for the privilege of being her mother.

3 comments:

Lori said...

Happy Birthday Elizabeth! I too was blessed with a babe at age 42. God is good! You have a beautiful family!

Glad you got the photo thingy figured out. I love pictures!!

Mimi said...

Yay! The photos look great! I have a 10 year old too! Many Years and Happy Birthday to your dear Elizabeth!

Rosemary said...

Thank you both, Lori and Mimi.