Thursday, August 03, 2006

Beauty and the Beast

Those who may be reading this in the Ann Arbor-Ypsilanti area really should try to get to see "Beauty and the Beast" at Towsley Auditorium on Washtenaw Community College's campus this weekend. Shows are Thursday (today) , Friday and Saturday at 8:00 and Sunday at 2:00.

This is the third year that Ms. K-M, the drama coach at Father Gabriel Richard High School, has put on one of these wonderful summer productions to help raise money to build a theatre at Gabriel Richard. It is done by the "dramalums," students who were in many of her plays while in high school and so enjoyed the experience that they come back and give huge amounts of time to be in one of her productions again and to support the cause. Needless to say, the lead roles are performed by some of the best talent she has ever worked with. (Current drama club members are in the choruses, work on music, or backstage.) It's a labor of love. And the shows are fabulous.

I took pictures of the dress rehearsal last night and this show is no exception. It's really, very good-- and such a family-friendly show. The kids will love it. Professional costumes, excellent talent, and the tickets are only $10.00! You can support a good cause and enjoy a great show at the same time.

5 comments:

Mimi said...

I hope that you are able to attend, it sounds lovely.

Rosemary said...

Thank you. I just got back. It was wonderful. My son played the piano. I wore my heart pendant with my children's birthstones on it because it was one of those proud moments. And it was great to see all those alumni friends of my older children. Fun night.

Unknown said...

Hooray! Good to see you and the show was awesome!

Rosemary said...

Wasn't it great, Jodi? I was so impressed. And such a fun story too. One thing I really like about the dramalum productions is that I get to see so many of you grads who were in plays with Mike. Almost seems like a reunion of sorts. Good to see you.

Anonymous said...

Hi, Rose! It was great fun working with you at the concession stand -- even though your daughters were far better than I was at counting change and keeping things organized! The play was fabulous, and your son was, well, awesome. (But you already know that!)

Ruthann