Monday, July 03, 2006

People are (dare I say it?) different from dogs!!

I just read in the newspaper that 14 people in Pennsylvania are wearing dog collars and chaining themselves to doghouses in order to draw attention to the plight of dogs that spend much of their time chained up or in pens...... uh, am I missing something here? Don't get me wrong. I love dogs. I have a dog and we take her for walks and let her run in our fenced backyard. In fact, she's sitting at my feet right now.

Of all the injustices in the world does this one really merit chaining up human beings to doghouses for 2 weeks?? What exactly will this demonstration prove??? Perhaps someone will say, "Gee, I never realized there were dogs that spent some time on chains." I don't think so.

OK. It will be extremely difficult for these human beings to stay chained up for 2 weeks. Will their experience show us what it's like for the dogs? Come on!! Dare I say it? Humans are a lot different from dogs! In fact, (gasp!) let me go further. Humans are a lot smarter than dogs. They are a lot more insightful. They actually have an intellect and needs so complex that a dog, in comparison, could actually be called an animal. (smile)

Why should 14 human beings suffer this indognity (whoops. that was an actual mistake, LOL) this indignity. It certainly seems pointless to me.

No comments: